Upper School Counselor's Corner
Welcome to the Upper School Counseling Page!
I have many exciting responsibilities on campus, but my main goal is to be here for you and your child and to make your child's high school years as smooth as possible. I hope to instill in your child a positive outlook and a realization that one's character is what is remembered.
A few of my activities are listed below:
- Provide individual and group personal counseling
- Provide academic counseling
- Coordinate parent conferences with teachers
- Coordinate PLAN and PSAT testing
- Coordinate all extended time applications for SAT and ACT
- Coordinate all extended time services provided by the school (documentation, providing teachers with information)
- Work with administrators as part of the administrative team
- Act as a liaison between parents, teachers, administration and students
- Implement character education opportunities through use of classroom time, assembly time and special speaker events
- Coordinate drug testing
- Assist with Azalea Trail and Junior Miss programs
- Act as liaison between UMS-Wright and the community on issues that pertain to our youth, helping to plan community events